>> AUTOMATED HELPER ACTIVATED
>> COMMUNITY UPDATE RECEIVED
>> DISPATCH AS FOLLOWS:
I wanted to take a moment to update everyone on the schedule changes that are going to be going into effect in regards to the Podcast and streams, effective immediately.
First off – don’t worry. We’re not going anywhere. Schedules have gotten a bit full for those of us on the Podcasting team and we’re just moving some things around to help us keep up with the content that we are all discussing as well as maintaining (and in some cases hopefully improving) the quality of everything.
That all being said, here’s what is going to be happening:
- The first Friday of each month will now be the Extra Lore stream (moving this from the first Wednesday and replacing that week’s Destiny chat).
- This means that the week prior to this will allow us to move the Extra Lore topic into the FFC Channel over on the Discord server and really let the community delve deep for that week into the topic instead of leaving it in the often overlooked side channel that we have set up for it.
- This will not replace the month-long schedule for discussion! Extra Lore topics will still be decided at the end of each month and reset at the start of each month. That last week’s chat will be offered as a brief and cursory overview of the month’s chat for anyone who wanted to get involved, but didn’t have a chance to do so.
- The rest of the Fridays in the month will be Destiny topics, as they are now.
- Polls will continue to run as they do now, with the exception of one weekend each month not having a poll in preparation for the Extra Lore Summary week.
- Book Club will be still running over here on the website – polls will be posted in Discord as they are now, but the hope is that the website will offer a more user friendly experience in commenting on the book selected for that month (not to mention, we now can offer a running archive if you want to go back and read a book previously chosen).
- Spinfoil Saturday will remain on the last Saturdays (when possible) each month.
So really, the only major change at the moment will be that first week of each month. This also, hopefully down the road when schedules start normalizing again for the Podcasting team, will give us a bit more flexibility to get back into the swing of producing the Behind the Scenes series.
As always, if anyone has any questions or concerns, my door is always open.