>> AUTOMATED HELPER ACTIVATED
>> UPDATE RECEIVED
>> DISPATCH AS FOLLOWS:
Summary of Episode
Loosely based on the Divine Comedy (mostly through the use of allusions and referencing various names of characters), and has enjoyed a success with all the main entries recording millions of sales each over the years. The focus of the gameplay within the series is that of the action aspect – though the storyline by no means takes a back seat through the majority of the installments. The main plot within the series is Dante’s goal of avenging his mother’s murder – predominantly through the extermination of demons. Also within the titles are a number of puzzle-solving and exploration elements, nods to the survival horror origins, though they are not as prevalent as the fast-paced and highly stylized combat.
As many of the series and titles we have looked at within the Extra Lore series, Devil May Cry (DMC for short) also contains within its canonical lore a number of other media. Light novels, comics, manga, films, anime, and even a collaborative stage play build upon the success of the series – though the discussion here tonight will be over the canonical main titles (no, we are not going to talk about the Devil May Cry: DmC title – not because of any strong feelings, but because we felt that a summary of the primary ‘sources’ would be more beneficial).
- 0:05:00 | Introductory Notes
- 0:06:30 | Summary of Series Overall
- 0:13:00 | Chronological Order
- 0:19:30 | Summary: Devil May Cry 3
- 0:21:30 | Summary: Devil May Cry
- 0:39:00 | Summary: Devil May Cry 2
- 0:43:30 | Summary: Devil May Cry 4
- 0:50:00 | Summary: Devil May Cry 5
- 1:03:30 | Thoughts & Other Misc Notes
- 1:34:00 | Final Comments & Shoutouts