>> AUTOMATED HELPER ACTIVATED
>> UPDATE RECEIVED
>> DISPATCH AS FOLLOWS:
Wanted to throw together an summary of the last episode, for those who might not be regular visitors to the Podbean site.
As always, if anyone has any questions or concerns, my door is always open.
>> DISPATCH COMPLETE
>> BE BRAVE, GUARDIAN
Episode 123 brings Blue, an extremely tardy Justin, Green, Beard, and returning special guest co-host PurpleChimera back together to discuss a rather hot topic at the moment – the “problem” of biased presentation of in-game story information. Namely – is it a problem? The group hashes it out among them (and yes, we’re back to the familiar group of Blue and Beard not really being on the same page), using figures such as the Speaker, Osiris, Toland, and even real life examples such as stereotypes in music, the historical research and experiences of Purple, and the dangers of angering abstract artists (GG, Justin).
Also be sure to weigh in for the community question for this week!
Who is your favorite Warlock?
- 0:05:00 | Community Feedback
- 0:17:00 | Weekly Community Question
- 0:19:30 | Topic Intro
- 0:24:00 | Lost Lore: Reviews of Ikora Rey’s On Circles: Revised Edition
- 0:46:00 | Purple Discusses Biases
- 1:03:00 | What is Bias?
- 1:16:45 | Identification of Biases
- 1:19:00 | Examples of Bias Interpretation in Game
- 1:32:00 | Examples of Bias in Reality: Stereotypes and Music
- 1:42:30 | Discussion on Narration Styles (Dynamic v Static)
- 1:50:30 | Discussion on Destiny’s Narration Style
- 1:59:45 | Team Shoutouts & Final Thoughts
Links Mentioned in Show
- Lost Lore Item: Concentric Dawn (link)
- 99% Invsible podcast: Ep 221 – America’s Last Top Model (link)
- Authorial intent description (link)
- Interpretive bias description (link)
- Does the Author Matter (link)