M.I.D.A.=Martian Interplanetary Defense Alliance
Faction in “Marathon” 1 of Bungie’s first video games
Found via terminal- level “The Rose”
This weapon name is a throwback to the past. MIDA is the name of a political faction in a game Bungie created years ago called Marathon. In game MIDA briefly seized control of Mars before being defeated by the UEG. They later evolved into a terrorist organization. This bit of lore was revealed on a level titled “The Rose”. Within this level there is a terminal that shares their story. Terminals have been a large part of Bungie history. They can be found in almost every game they have made. While this seems to cross multiple game universes it is also important to note this weapon and the Multi tool seem to be viable across all aspects of the Destiny as well. Whatever you enjoy playing Crucible, Missions, Raid or even Trials it rewards a skilled hand.
The Flavor text is an expansion on the Multi Tool versatility.
- Flare gun=aka fusee, type of pyrotechnic launcher that produces a brilliant non explosive light, used for signalling, illumination, or defensive countermeasures
- Water purifier=device for process of removing undesirable chemicals, biological contaminants, suspended solids and gases from water
- Interplanetary Positioning System= Deep space navigation tool that helps plot/course orbital determination & flight path control operation
- Encyclopedia Arcana=Reference work or compendium providing summaries of information from secrets or mysteries
- Personal flotation device=aka life vest Equipment designed to assist a wearer to keep afloat in water such as an unconscious person or an S.O.S. beacon in case of emergency
Remember before storing this gun in the Vault, please return your tray to the upright position and make sure your seatbelt is fastened.
RYNO-666 of RYNO666.com