“Horseman of the apocalypse”
Pestilence, War, Famine & Death
Hive, Vex, Fallen & Cabal
Name of several western films
The 4th Horseman has been at the epicenter of many religious interpretations, yet its origin has inspired wars as well as perceived endtime prophecy. That being said I will remove myself and the audience from the biblical implication and only point out its relationship to Destiny.
The main takeaway from that time was the Roman Empire was viewed by many as the “Evil Empire” helping bring about the apocalypse. The weapon in Grimoire is described as a weapon designed to specifically destroy the Cabal, who are influenced by the Roman empire. It says its not a Hold Out weapon but a Pathfinder. This means it was constructed to clear a path and become the answer in the face of “Death”.
Bungie has given us four enemies in game that could very well be the four horseman of the apocalypse.
- Hive – Pestilence
- Vex – War
- Fallen – Famine
- Cabal – Death
The story of each enemy in game has a similar story to each horseman.
- The hive want to have the symbiotic relationship with the worms, and spawn/breed in every territory the can infect.
- Vex have a simple directive, which is win the never ending war
- Fallen are starving, held hostage by Ether
- Cabal seemingly have only the interest in destruction and annihilation
The 4 horseman analyzed by historians
- The first four seals of Rev. represent four horses & horsemen fixed to events or changes, within the Roman Earth.
- The idea Conquest=white horse rider, aka Parthian forces who rode white horses, clashed with the Roman Empire & won
Tex Mechanica has a very western aesthetic, as well as ornate designed weapons with filigree seemingly inspired by the long lost trophies of the Wild West. The trick here is the glory of the past being commemorated in a deadly package. The 4th Horseman harkens back to the old movies where lone cowboys and villains rode into town fighting “for” or “with” local towns forced to fight while epic final battles ensued. These moments traditionally occurred in the middle of town and inside a “hold out” as enemies met there demise at the hands of a hero destined to save many.
Many notable western films follow this plot here are some with a glaringly obvious title.
“The four of the apocalypse”
“The gunman of the apocalypse”
“Death rides a horse”
“The white horseman”
So will you blaze a path forward or ride off in the sunset?
Happy trails to you Guardians!
RYNO-666 of RYNO666.com